Monday, September 3, 2018

Why imbuing ADVEKET with the mission of I Wore Lipstick was important

When I founded in I Wore Lipstick in 2015, I had the mission to focus on the lipstick wearers as their own community. When you look at those who wear lipstick it is women and the LGBTQIA community. Every member of this group is often also marginalized by society in some way. Often times when the plight of one of these communities gain focus, another is left unattended. The purpose of I Wore Lipstick was to help keep this community entirely in the spot light and aide them in every way possible.
Soon realizing that founding a nonprofit and keeping it going would be a costly activity ( I was never the best at fundraising) I decided that getting the support of a cosmetics line would be an excellent way to go. Looking over many lines, finding out who they were owned by soon provided the knowledge that it would be some time (if ever) before I would be able to gain the support a newly formed nonprofit would need. Thus I decided to create one myself that would instill the values of I Wore Lipstick from day one.
ADVEKET is spelled phonetically when used as a noun to symbolize the wearer as their own advocate. Each lip product is part of the Gender Fluid series to represent the diverse community of lipstick wearers and every product is giving an uplifting name. When these names are combine you created your "lip mantra" for the day (example: Create Exceptional Love) to further inspire the wearer to live their best and most authentic life.
ADVEKET also pledges to donate $1 per item sold to the nonprofit to help fund it's work!
ADVEKET was created to be a source of good, to help inspire social change and advocate for self love. I cannot wait to see where the future takes us and what kind of change these two sibling entities can accomplish! Social Media @justintymeart @adveket @iworelipstick
To order ADVEKET products online visit
If in Los Angeles you can try the product at The Hello Darling salon
If in New Orleans you can try them at Preaux Face
Learn more about I Wore Lipstick at

No comments:

Post a Comment